Learn to Teach MBSR
The MBSR Facilitation Certificate is an internationally-recognized training to become an MBSR teacher.
Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) is an empirically-supported 8-week psycho-educational group that teaches mindfulness meditation as a health intervention. Created by Jon Kabat-Zinn in 1979, MBSR offers participants the possibility to develop a different relationship to stress resulting from chronic physical and psychological conditions. Research has demonstrated improved physical, psychological, and behavioural outcomes.
MBSR Facilitation Certificate
Certificate Description & Prerequisites
The purpose of the MBSR Facilitation Certificate is to provide learners with a level of training to enable them to offer this modality to the public.
All participants pursuing the certificate program must:
- Hold a professional clinical designation, have an advanced degree, or obtain prior approval from The Centre
- Have a daily mindfulness practice (meditation and/or movement)
- Complete an 8-week MBSR program as a participant
- Participate in a total of 5-7 day silent retreat* prior to taking the MBSR Intensive Training & Retreat
*Please note that a 7-day silent retreat is ideal while a 5-day silent retreat is sufficient; If you are unable to participate in a 5-7 day silent retreat, The Centre will accept the completion of a 3-day silent retreat as well as a 2-day silent retreat; In exceptional circumstances, we may also accept a 3-day silent retreat combined with the completion of two 1-day silent retreats – please obtain explicit approval from The Centre before pursuing this last option)
How to Request for your MBSR Facilitation Certificate
- To apply for the certificate, complete the online MBSR Facilitation Certificate Request Form and submit payment via cash, cheque, or TicketLeap
- To apply to have a course or experience from another institution considered towards the completion of your certificate, please complete one of the following Alternative Module Request Forms: