Learn to Teach MBSR
The MBSR Facilitation Certificate is an internationally-recognized training to become an MBSR teacher.
Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) is an empirically-supported 8-week psycho-educational group that teaches mindfulness meditation as a health intervention. Created by Jon Kabat-Zinn in 1979, MBSR offers participants the possibility to develop a different relationship to stress resulting from chronic physical and psychological conditions. Research has demonstrated improved physical, psychological, and behavioural outcomes.
Description of Prerequisites
The purpose of the MBSR Facilitation Certificate is to provide learners with a level of training to enable them to offer this modality to the public.
All participants pursuing the certificate program must:
- Hold a professional clinical designation, have an advanced degree, or obtain prior approval from The Centre
- Have a daily mindfulness practice (meditation and/or movement)
- Complete an 8-week MBSR program as a participant
- Participate in Mindfulness Core Concepts
- Participate in a total of 5-7 day silent retreat* prior to taking the MBSR Teacher Training Intensive
*Please note that a 7-day silent retreat is ideal while a 5-day silent retreat is sufficient; If you are unable to participate in a 5-7 day silent retreat, The Centre will accept the completion of a 3-day silent retreat as well as a 2-day silent retreat; In exceptional circumstances, we may also accept a 3-day silent retreat combined with the completion of two 1-day silent retreats – please obtain explicit approval from The Centre before pursuing this last option)
MBSR Facilitation Certificate
Apply, pay, receive confirmation, then register for the core modules:
How to Request your MBSR Facilitation Certificate
- To apply for the certificate, complete the online MBSR Facilitation Certificate Request Form and submit payment via cash, cheque, or TicketLeap
- To apply to have a course or experience from another institution considered towards the completion of your certificate, please complete one of the following Alternative Module Request Forms: