Advanced Teacher Training Intensive
Deepen your facilitation and mindful inquiry skills. This teacher training intensive is the final module of our Advanced Certification.
This teacher training intensive supports facilitation skills while focusing on strengthening the facilitation of mindful inquiry. At its deepest, it is about our relationship to the practice of mindfulness and to the articulation of that process. The curriculum is highly interactive and highlights the necessity of personal practice as a platform from which to teach.
This 4-day Advanced Teacher Training Intensive is for MBSR, MBCT and other MB teachers interested in supporting and strengthening their teaching skills. It satisfies the certification requirements for the certificate program at the Centre for Mindfulness Studies but is also for those mindfulness-based teachers who have taught at least two MBSR/MBCT programs or other mindfulness-based programs.
Participants practise teaching and inquiry, receiving extensive feedback, making this training highly experiential. In addition, the language in guidance and inquiry is emphasized. The enhancement of the teacher’s self-reflective capacity is stressed to ensure they stay close to the core of these mindfulness-based programs – working with their own reactivity and attachment to the outcome when this arises in their teaching. Exercises that address a range of emotions and reactions related to their personal and professional teaching experience and to the MBSR/MBCT experience are provided. We will also address professional and personal ethics as they relate to mindfulness-based programs.
Who Should Attend
Mindfulness-Based Program (MBP) facilitators who meet the following prerequisites:
• Advanced degree
• Personal mindfulness practice
• Teaching experience; the facilitation of at least 2 MBSR/MBCT or other mindfulness-based program
• Participation in silent teacher-led meditation retreat(s) of at least 5 days
Timing: 30 in-class hours
Fee: Varies based on retreat location and your choice of single or double accommodation
Payment, cancellation and refund policies
This course will be led by Susan L. Woods and Dr. Patricia Rockman. Susan Woods is a senior Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction/Mindfulness-Based Cognitive Therapy (MBSR/MBCT) advisor and supervisor, and one of the world’s leading experts and trainers in mindful inquiry. Dr. Patricia Rockman is the Director of Education and Clinical Studies here at The Centre, and has been educating healthcare providers in stress reduction, CBT and mindfulness-based practices for over 20 years. They are both authors of the book: “Mindfulness-Based Cognitive Therapy: Embodied Presence and Inquiry in Practice” along with Dr. Evan Collins.
Participants Will Learn
- To enhance facilitation skills and delivery of inquiry and the mindfulness meditation practices through teach-backs, coaching and feedback
- To learn guidance and inquiry as an embodied practice informed by the attitudinal foundations
- To understand the reasons for maintaining fidelity to MBCT/MBSR protocols related to patient/client outcomes and research
- To develop adult education skills for individual and group process and experiential learning
- To be able to apply Buddhist concepts to MBSR and MBCT delivery and inquiry (e.g. the 4 noble truths, the 4 foundations, 3 characteristics)
Please check back later or contact us.