Managing Mindfully this Holiday Season Toolkit
It has been a challenging year for everyone, and we hope that you are finding space in your day for some self-care to help you cope and nurture yourself and those around you.
We want you to know that the Centre for Mindfulness Studies is here for you during the holidays. We have compiled some helpful resources you can use to manage and maintain your mental health and emotional well-being. These include our Managing Mindfully for the Holidays workbook & meditation practices, as well as other resources for your well-being during the holidays.
- Centre for Mindfulness Studies’ Managing Mindfully for the Holidays WORKBOOK – This free workbook offers a Mindfulness Check-In Chart for you to keep up your practice during the holidays to better take care of yourself in the upcoming weeks. It also includes a mindful movement practice to get you moving mindfully.
Meditations & Videos of our co-founder, Patricia Rockman
- Managing Mindfully this Holiday Season Meditation is a practice that focuses on bringing awareness to the holiday season, both pleasant and unpleasant, with the intention of bringing insight into how you can better take care of yourself during the holidays.
- 3-Minute Responsive Breathing Space Meditation from our MBCT program is particularly great (and short) practice to try out when you are feeling stressed or anxious. Patricia Rockman guides us through the STOP Practice and discusses emotional resilience in the video below.
- Centre for Mindfulness Studies’ App offers a wide range of guided mindfulness meditations from Patricia Rockman and CMS faculty with the ability to schedule your meditations to keep up your practice for your well-being during the holiday season
- Please visit our Facebook page here for more mindfulness videos from Patricia Rockman.
7 Holiday Wellness Tips for Your Family by Canadian Mental Health Association
It’s Okay to Not Be Okay during the Holiday Season by Psychology Today
How to Take Care of Your Mental Health this Holiday Season by The Family Centre
Support & Tools
CMS Mental Health Services Guide Please find a list of currently available online and over-the-phone resources that can support those in crisis, as well as those coping with stressors related to COVID-19.
Immediate Mental Health Services Please find a list of currently available online and over-the-phone resources that can support those in crisis, as well as those coping with stressors related to COVID-19.