If you are interested in joining our team of volunteers please fill out this online application form. We thank you for helping us fulfil our charitable mission.
Thank you for your interest in working at the Centre for Mindfulness Studies.
We are curently hiring for the following position:
Position: Communications & Marketing Associate
Hours: 37.5 hours per week.
Salary: Commensurate with experience. Salaried position with comprehensive benefits package.
About Us: The Centre for Mindfulness Studies is a social enterprise charity that is the Canadian leader in developing and providing professional mindfulness programs for mental health. Our goal is to ensure access to those in need, to lead change and bring mindfulness as a healthcare service to diverse populations.
Overview: The Communications & Marketing Associate develops and implements marketing and communications plans that raise awareness of the Centre, engages people to take our programs and supports fundraising opportunities. The position directly reports to the Executive Director. Position priorities are:
- Marketing and Channel Promotion for Programs
- Communications & Branding
- Fundraising & Community Engagement
- Create and execute marketing & communication strategies that amplify the Centre For Mindfulness Studies’ mission while engaging individuals to try a program, donate or volunteer.
- Manage campaigns and content on all channels (digital/traditional) including: Social Media organic/paid, web site updates, third party web sites, SEO and SEM/digital agency, print advertising etc.
- Evaluate and analyze marketing metrics to maximize ROI
- Oversee the Centre’s brand guidelines internally and externally including creating content that is compelling and provokes action.
- Supervise the yearly communication and marketing budget to ensure it is efficient, effective and balanced
- Engage and participate in events and outreach to communities of interest, partners, conferences etc. (may include evening / weekend work)
- Respond to media and communications inquiries and monitor any industry related content and trends
- Work and oversee contractors, suppliers and staff on project-based communications and marketing
- University Degree or College Diploma in public relations, marketing, fund raising or related field and a minimum of one year experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft office, WordPress, with some graphic design experience producing materials using Adobe Creative Suite (e-flyers, brochures, programs, posters, e-newsletters), MailChimp
- Superior accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently but also collaboratively while organizing and prioritizing work and deadlines for yourself and others
- Excellent interpersonal, supervisory and communications skills (including oral, written and visual)
- An understanding of the non-profit and social services sector is an asset
- An interest in mindfulness as way to well-being
- Adaptable and flexible skillset that can work in a fast pace environment with multiple priorities
- Demonstrated experience with social media management, content development, and data analytics
How to Apply
Applicants should send a resume and cover letter outlining how they meet the specific requirements of the position to firstname.lastname@example.org by Tuesday, August 6, 2019 at 5pm.
While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.