MBCT Online 24–101–04
Learn to manage anxiety & prevent the relapse of depression
Mindfulness-Based Cognitive Therapy (MBCT) is an evidence-based group therapy providing tools and strategies for preventing depressive relapse, as well as reducing acute depression, anxiety and stress.
For more details, visit our MBCT page.
Intake Interviews (via telephone): Thursday, July 20, 2023 | 5pm – 9pm ET and Monday, July 24, 2023 | 6:30pm – 8:30pm ET and Wednesday, July 26, 2023 | 6:30pm – 8:30pm ET
Orientation & Session 1: July 27, 2023 | 6:30pm -9:30pm ET
Sessions 2-8: August 3, 2023 – September 21, 2023 | 6:30pm – 9pm ET
NOTE: September 7 is the 4-hour silent retreat | 6pm – 10pm ET
Helpful Insurance & Registration Info
Insurance receipts can be given from the following healthcare providers to registrants from the provinces listed below:
- Registered Social Worker (RSW): Ontario, Quebec, Yukon
- Registered Psychotherapist (RP): Ontario
- Occupational Therapist (OT Reg. Ont.): Ontario, Quebec, Manitoba, New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, NWT, Yukon & Nunavut
Please consult your extended health benefits provider to see if you have coverage for these clinical designations. For more information see About Insurance.
If you live outside the provinces listed above, you may only take this program for professional development reasons, as the facilitators are only licensed to practice in those specific regions. You will be required to complete a specific Professional Development Questionnaire and Informed Consent. If requested, you can receive a certificate of participation signed by the Centre for Mindfulness Studies upon completion of the program.
Participants taking MBCT for professional development purposes must meet one of the following criteria:
- Be registered and accepted in the CMS certification stream for MBCT OR
- Are regulated health care professionals in your local jurisdiction OR
- Are in related fields with relevant professional qualifications (e.g. teacher/educator, mental health professionals).In all cases the program facilitators will interview you to ensure the MBCT program is the right fit for your professional learning needs and if not may direct you to other mindfulness trainings.
Please note this will be a highly interactive web-based program. Your full attention and participation will be required.
For technical requirements, click here.
Payment, Cancellation, Refund & Exchange Policies
If you’re interested in taking this course but don’t see a time that works for you, let us know! Fill out our interest list here.