Bursary Program for Ukrainian Newcomers Living in Ontario
The Centre’s Community Program offers financial aid through our bursaries – it’s one way we strive to make mindfulness accessible to the community. Ukrainian newcomers to Ontario who have been displaced and are struggling with their mental health are encouraged to apply to the program. We offer a limited number of free bursary spots for each personal mindfulness program we offer (MBCT, MBSR, MSC, or MMAU group therapy programs).
Are you eligible?
- Ukrainian newcomers to Canada, with priority given to those arriving in Canada through the Canada-Ukraine Authorization for Emergency Travel (CUAET) Program
- Currently experiencing financial instability
- Must reside in Ontario to take part in the Bursary Program
What’s required of me to attend a program?
- Able to participate in an in-person or online group setting
- If attending online, must have access to a computer with a webcam, microphone, and internet
- Sessions are in English so a beginner level of English is required to participate
- Committed to attending weekly sessions
- Not in crisis or currently suffering from acute conditions such as severe depression or psychosis
3 Steps to Apply:
- Fill out and submit the bursary application.
- Eligible applicants will be notified of their acceptance in the program and added to the program of their preference or our waiting list if the program is full.
- As spaces become available, you will be contacted by the Centre for registration and complete the intake.
Start: Wednesday, June 21, 2023
Start: Wednesday, June 28, 2023
Start: Tuesday, July 4, 2023
Start: Saturday, July 15, 2023
Start: Tuesday, September 19, 2023
Start: Wednesday, October 11, 2023
Start: Friday, October 27, 2023
Start: Thursday, November 2, 2023