The Centre for Mindfulness Studies offers financial support through our bursary program– it’s one way we strive to make mindfulness accessible to people in need in the community. Individuals interested in attending a mindfulness-based group but cannot afford to pay the full fee can apply for a pay-what-you-can bursary to our MBCT, MBSR, MSC, or MMAU programs.
Are you eligible?
The Centre welcomes:
- Individuals who are currently experiencing financial hardship
- Individuals who are part of underserved populations (i.e. Indigenous, BIPOC, 2SLGBTQIA+, people living with disabilities, newcomers, etc.) and currently experiencing financial hardship
- Ontario residents only
What’s required of me to attend a program?
- Able to participate in an in-person or online group setting of 2.5 hours per week
- Committed to attending the weekly sessions
- Not currently experiencing an acute mental health crisis or significant mental health instability
4 Steps to Apply:
- Fill out and submit the bursary application. Please note that you can only apply for one program at a time.
- Eligible applicants will be notified of their bursary spot in the program and added to the program registration of their preference or our waiting list if the program is full.
- As spaces become available, you will be contacted by the Centre regarding registration and to complete the required intake form for that program.
- You will then be contacted by the Centre to pay what you can towards the cost of the program. Please note, that your enrollment into the program is not finalized until after the required intake interview with the program facilitator. If it is decided that the program is not a good fit at this point in time for you, you will receive a full refund for the amount you have paid.