MBCT Teacher Training Intensive Online 23–804–01
In partership with
Train to facilitate MBCT programs in an immersive online atmosphere with guidance from highly skilled healthcare providers and mindfulness facilitators. This course is equivalent to the third module of the Centre’s MBCT Facilitation Certificate Program.
Mindfulness-Based Cognitive Therapy (MBCT) is an 8-week, empirically-validated and insurance-reimbursable therapeutic mindfulness intervention shown to be effective for prevention of depression relapse with increasing evidence for treating symptoms of anxiety, depression and stress. Based on the research of Drs. Zindel Segal, John Teasdale, and Mark Williams, and documented in their book “Mindfulness-Based Cognitive Therapy for Depression”, this professional training combines the practice and clinical application of mindfulness meditation with the tools of cognitive therapy.
The MBCT Teacher Training Intensive (TTI) is a foundational step in the Centre’s MBCT Teacher Training Pathway and is equally applicable to therapists interested in incorporating elements of mindfulness practice into their clinical work. It is designed to cycle through the 8-week MBCT curriculum in two ways: First, participants are led through key components of the program by the instructors and then, using “teachbacks”, participants are supervised as they guide each other through the cardinal mindfulness practices and cognitive therapy exercises that comprise MBCT.
Throughout this training, didactics, experiential practice, and small group process — including daily meditations, mindful movement, and periods of silence — are relied upon to consolidate the participants’ learning of basic mindfulness group facilitation skills for clinical settings. A continuous theme emphasized in this training is the importance of the clinician’s own mindfulness practice, especially how self-knowledge gained through practice can be used in helping clients in emotional distress. These rigorous trainings are appropriate for professionals in the healthcare, community health, education, mindfulness research, mindfulness intervention, and leadership fields.
Is it for me?
- Do you want to learn how to deliver a well-established mindfulness-based program that has been proven to be effective for people living with depression and anxiety?
- Are you interested in increasing your skills and confidence in guiding meditation practices and cognitive exercises are facilitated?
- Would you like to understand the key underpinnings of each session and component of the 8-week MBCT program?
- Have you wondered about how the MBCT program is designed to prevent depressive relapse and reduce symptoms of depression and anxiety?
- Do you have a clinical background?
- Have you participated in an 8-week mindfulness-based program? Alternatively, are you able to take the 8-week MBCT program, which is offered by the Center for Mindfulness & Compassion and the Centre for Mindfulness Studies, prior the start of this course?
- Do you have a personal mindfulness practice?
- Have you completed some training in cognitive behavior therapy (CBT)?
October 20-21, 24-25 and 27-28, 2022
Session 1: Thursday, October 20, 2022 | 10am – 5pm ET
Session 2: Friday, October 21, 2022 | 10am – 5pm ET
Session 3: Monday, October 24, 2022 | 10am – 5pm ET
Session 4: Tuesday, October 25, 2022 | 10am – 5pm ET
Session 5: Thursday, October 27, 2022 | 10am – 5pm ET
Session 6: Friday, October 28, 2022 | 10am – 5pm ET
Mindfulness-Based Cognitive Therapy for Depression: Second Edition by Zindel Segal, Mark Williams, John Teasdale
MBCT: Embodied Presence & Inquiry in Practice by Susan Woods, Patricia Rockman, Evan Collins
Please note that some additional reading and preparation is required. It is recommended that you register 1-2 weeks in advance at which time you will receive access to the course materials.
Please note this will be a highly interactive web-based course. Your full attention and participation will be required. For technical requirements, click here.
Early Bird Rate: $ 1,390.00 USD
Regular Rate: $ 1,495.00 USD
Late Registration: $ 1,596.00 USD
Please note that applying to attend this MBCT TTI is not the same as applying to the Centre’s MBCT Facilitator Training Pathway. To apply to the full pathway, please click here.