The Mindful Project is a free 6-week online mindfulness program developed by the Centre for Mindfulness Studies to meet the needs of Ontario university and college students who face mental health challenges and other personal and academic stressors.
It is offered live online so you can attend the group from your home or dorm room. Each session will be 1.5 hours long, and delivered by a certified mindfulness facilitator. It includes a 60-minute mindfulness session and a 30-minute peer-led community practice. Participants will receive a certificate of completion from the Centre for Mindfulness Studies at the end of the program.
In this workshop participants will:
- Learn mindfulness skills that can be integrated into everyday life fostering a sense of well-being
- Enhance awareness of experience opening up to wonder and joy
- Expand resources and develop healthier ways of responding to stressors and challenging experiences
- Improve attention and focus through short guided practices
- Use tools for enhancing compassion for self and others, connection, and sense of community
6-week Program: Thursdays from 5:00-6:30pm – March 2, 9, 16, 23, 30, April 6
Cost: No Cost (it’s free!)
Where: Online (Zoom link will be sent after registration)
Eligibilty: Please only register if you are currently enrolled at the University of Guelph.
If you have any questions about the program or registration, please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Mindful Project is generously supported by a grant from The Ministry of Colleges and Universities.