Free MSC Info Session in Oakville 19–215–99
Mindful Self-Compassion (MSC) Workshop For Adults
An introduction to the concepts and practices of Mindful Self-Compassion.
Location: The Studio at Gairloch Gardens | 1302 Lakeshore Road East | Oakville, ON L6J 1L6 | Canada
Timing: Tuesday, 19 February 2019 from 7:00 PM to 9:00 PM (EST)
Fee: No charge. Registration required in order to reserve your seat.
Registration and information at https://mscworkshopfeb19.
How do you typically react to difficulties in life such as work stress, rejection, physical problems, or financial hardships? Do you instinctively fight uncomfortable experiences or find fault in yourself when things go wrong? What if, instead, you took a moment to comfort and soothe yourself when you felt bad – as you would do for others? Self-compassion is a skill that can be learned by anyone. It’s the heart of mindfulness. Research has shown that it boosts happiness, reduces anxiety and depression, and can even help you stick to your diet and exercise routine. In the full MSC Training program developed by Kristin Neff Ph.D. and Christopher Germer Ph.D., you learn how to:
- Stop being so hard on yourself
- Understand the empirically supported benefits of self-compassion
- Respond to feelings of failure or inadequacy with self-kindness
- Handle difficult emotions with greater ease
- Motivate yourself with encouragement rather than self-criticism
- Manage caregiver fatigue
- Transform your relationships, both old and new
- Practice mindfulness and self-compassion exercises in everyday life