2-Day Inquiry Essentials 17–306–02
Inquiry is the practice of asking a question to investigate our experience. It has been referred to as the heart of MBCT because it is such an essential part of this modality and is vital for those wishing to facilitate MBCT groups. It is also the most difficult practice to learn.
Participants Will Learn
• How to examine the principles and practices of mindful inquiry as they pertain to “therapeutic mindfulness”
• This process through its application to the direct experience of mindfulness meditation practices
• The use of inquiry both personally and professionally as it relates to increasing the capacity to regulate affect and attention
• How to develop the ability to use inquiry
Who Should Attend
This course is suitable for those who have experience teaching mindfulness-based programs.
• If you are in the MBCT Certificate program, this course must be taken after the 5-day Intensive and the Practicum
• If you are in the MBSR Certificate program, this course must be taken after the 6-day Intensive
• It is recommended that participants have facilitated (assisted, facilitated alone or co-facilitated) a group or received mentorship prior to taking this course
• For those not in the MBCT or MBSR Certificate program, this course is suitable for those who have experience teaching mindfulness-based programs
This Group Learning program has been certified by the College of Family Physicians of Canada for up to 39 Mainpro+ credits.
Session 1: Thursday, September 14, 2017 | 9:30am – 4:30pm
Session 2: Friday, September 15, 2017 | 9:30am – 4:30pm
Fee: $535 (please note that lunch is not provided)
As a registered charity, we do not charge HST. When you support us, you support our charitable initiatives. If you’d like to learn more, please see our Community Program.