10-Week Mindfully-Informed CBT 17–110–01
Learn to cope with current difficulties and stay well in the long term.
Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT) is one of the most researched psychological approaches for a wide range of conditions, including depression and anxiety.
Mindfully-Informed CBT builds a set of skills that enables people to interrupt the cycle of dysfunctional thoughts and behaviours with mindfulness. After learning CBT, people can “become their own therapists” by using what they’ve learned to address problems as they arise.
This 10-week program will focus on teaching participants the tools of CBT with mindfulness as a backdrop.
Participants Will Learn
• The CBT model and techniques to manage depression and anxiety
• To develop effective goals related to their issues of concern they want to work on
• To learn and engage in practices and homework related to their goals and difficulties, such as the Automatic Thought Record
• To understand underlying motivators of behaviour and develop CBT skills to become their own therapist
Who Should Attend
Individuals experiencing moderate anxiety/depression or with a history of depression. It is also recommended for MBCT graduates to increase their skill in using tools from CBT to stay well. People interested in incorporating CBT into their existing treatment plan for other conditions may also attend upon referral.
Orientation & Interview: January 9, 2017 | 1:00pm – 4:00pm
Sessions 1-10: January 16 – April 3, 2017* | 1:00pm – 3:30pm
Silent Retreat: Sunday, March 5, 2017 | 10:00am – 4:00pm
* Program skips February 20th & March 13th
Fee: $585 (includes handouts and guided meditation download or CD)
Payment, Cancellation, Refund & Exchange Policies
Upon request, an insurance receipt will be provided on behalf of Amanda Guthrie (Naturopath). Insurance receipts will not be available prior to the last program session.
As a registered charity, we do not charge HST. When you support us, you support our charitable initiatives. If you’d like to learn more, please see our Community Program.
- A valid OHIP card is required and must be brought to the Orientation & Interview session.
- All participants must be free of substance misuse.
- If you have third-party insurance, it may cover all or part of the cost of a therapeutic course. We recommend that you contact your insurance provider to confirm what health professions your plan covers (e.g. Psychologist, Psychotherapist, Social Worker, Occupational Therapist, Naturopath) and that this coverage includes the types of therapies in question (sometimes there are restrictions on the particular services covered by a given health profession). Please check the profession of the non-physician faculty for this program (see above), and confirm that profession is covered by your insurance and that the program is not an excluded service for that profession. Insurance receipts will be issued during the final session of the program.