4-Week smartEducation Practicum 16–411–01
Immerse yourself in the smartEducation (Stress Management And Resiliency Techniques) program
The 33-hour practicum provides participants with the opportunity to participate in the SMART program from the perspective of the facilitator. The practicum includes experience in guiding practices, as well as debriefing on the content and structure of the SMART curriculum.
The Practicum in SMART is an in-depth training program offering you an opportunity to:
• Study the curriculum, program flow, and contextual and theoretical background of SMART
• Inquire and reflect on a range of issues arising out of the experience and principles of SMART
• Prepare and lead a seminar presentation that includes mindfulness practice, theory, and application
• Familiarize yourself with perspectives on self-care, self-compassion, and mindful awareness inherent in the SMART curriculum
Participants Will Learn
• The principles and practices of SMART
• The theoretical, philosophical, pedagogical, and scientific underpinnings of SMART
• How to examine SMART within the fields of Social and Emotional Learning
• How to foster a coherent, active international network of SMART professionals
Who Should Attend
Educators and those interested in becoming a SMART facilitator. The program is a requirement of the UBC facilitator certification process for SMART Facilitators.
July 13 – August 3, 2016* | 10:00am – 5:00pm
* Additional Retreat Session on Tuesday, August 2nd | 10am – 3pm
As a registered charity, we do not charge HST. When you support us, you support our charitable initiatives. If you’d like to learn more, please see our Community Program.