While this may be the most wonderful time of the year for parents, going back to school can be a stressful experience for students. This year, pack some mindfulness resources and apps to help make the transition a smooth one.
- Smiling Mind creates free web and app-based programs tailored to fit the needs of children aged seven and up.
- Stop Breathe Think is a friendly, simple tool to guide people of all ages and backgrounds through meditations for mindfulness and compassion.
- The “Take a Chill” app ($1.99) features exercises from the Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction for Teens (MBSR-T) Program.
- Download audio tracks from Inner Explorer intended for parents to use with Pre-K and elementary-aged children.
- Sara Marlowe is offering a mindfulness for teens program starting in October. Visit her website for further resources, including suggested mindfulness practices for children.
- Fairfax County Public Schools has compiled a comprehensive list of suggested mindfulness resources for teens.
- Find out which schools in your area offer mindfulness programs using the School Finder at Discover Mindfulness.