Mental Health and Mindfulness Toolkit
- 3-Minute Responsive Breathing Space Meditation from our MBCT program is particularly great (and short) practice to try out when you are feeling stressed or anxious.
- Patricia Rockman guides us through the STOP Practice and discusses emotional resilience in the video below.
- Patricia Rockman guides us through a Metta Practice below – also known as a loving-kindness practice – to cultivate a sense of support and care for ourselves and others around you.
- Patricia Rockman sits down with Dr. Lee Freedman, a child and adolescent psychiatrist, to discuss the interesting similarities between the pandemic and anxiety. They also discuss how to deal with the overload of information in the news and how we have a choice on when to consume and when to nurture ourselves. See below.
Containing the Contagion of Anxiety
Our co-founder Dr. Patricia Rockman sits down with Dr. Lee Freedman, a child and adolescent psychiatrist, to discuss the interesting similarities between the pandemic and anxiety. They also discuss how to deal with the overload of information in the news and how we have a choice on when to consume and when to nurture ourselves. ❤️ We hope this video is helpful and please let us know if you have any feedback or any topics you’d love to learn more about. Hope you’re all well and safe! #pandemic #anxiety #copingwithanxiety #nurture #wellbeing #covid19 #mindfulness #mentalhealth #covid19mentalhealth #mindfulnessstudiesPosted by The Centre for Mindfulness Studies on Thursday, March 26, 2020
- 3-Minute Breathing Space Meditation by Occupational Therapist Blakie Sahay
- Guided Meditations by Registered Psychotherapist Rose Mina Munjee
- French Meditations by Psychiatrist and MBCT Mentor Thanh-Lan Ngô and others. Listen to guided meditations by Psychiatrist and faculty member Andreanne Elie here.
- Registered Psychotherapist Jeremy Finkelstein offers pay-what-you-can 1-on-1 Introduction to Youth Mindfulness.
- Steps to Keep Us in Useful Worry & Out of Useless Worry by Social Worker Eileen Beltzner
- What I Learned About Myself at the Grocery Store: Mindfulness Lessons from COVID-19 by Registered Psychotherpist Elaine Smookler
- How to deal with Difficult Emotions in 3 Steps by Rose Mina Munjee
- Building Emotional Resilience During COVID-19 by Eileen Beltzner
- “Our calm is contagious”: How to use mindfulness in a pandemic by Tara Brach
- The secret of calm: how to de-stress if you have one minute, five minutes – or 14 days by Amy Fleming of The Guardian
- Facing Pandemic Fears with an Awake Heart – Video by Tara Brach
- Mindful Self-Compassion Practices by Christopher Germer
- Mindfulness, Healing and Wisdom in a Time of COVID-19 – Interview with Jon Kabat-Zinn, founder of Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction
- Understanding Coronavirus Anxiety – Daily updates by Jud Brewer, a psychiatrist and neuroscientist who specializes in mindfulness and anxiety
Immediate Mental Health Services: Please find a list of currently available online and over-the-phone resources that can support those in crisis, as well as those coping with stressors related to COVID-19.