The Mindful Project is a free 6-week online mindfulness program developed by the Centre for Mindfulness Studies to meet the needs of Ontario university and college students who face mental health challenges and other personal and academic stressors.
It is offered live online so you can attend the group from your home or dorm room. Each session will be 1.5 hours long, and delivered by a certified mindfulness facilitator. It includes a 60-minute mindfulness session and a 30-minute peer-led community practice. Participants will receive a certificate of completion from the Centre for Mindfulness Studies at the end of the program.
In this workshop participants will:
- Learn mindfulness skills that can be integrated into everyday life fostering a sense of well-being
- Enhance awareness of experience opening up to wonder and joy
- Expand resources and develop healthier ways of responding to stressors and challenging experiences
- Improve attention and focus through short guided practices
- Use tools for enhancing compassion for self and others, connection, and sense of community
Mindfulness Sessions – Fridays from 12-1:30pm (February 10, 17, March 3, 10, 17, 24)
- 6 1-hr weekly sessions
- Psychoeducation, mindfulness practices, reflective exercises, and group discussions
- Build knowledge and mindfulness skills that can be applied to everday life
Practice Support Sessions
- Weekly 30 min sessions
- Help reinforce the themes from the previous sessions
- Provide additional mindfulness skill building
Daily Mindfulness Activities
- Short daily activities to reinforce practice and integrate learning
- Includes recorded meditations, informal exercises, and reflective prompts
Cost: No Cost (it’s free!)
Where: Online (Zoom link will be sent after registration)
Eligibilty: Please only register if you are currently enrolled at Toronto Metropolitan University.
Registration deadline is February 9, 2023. Registration may close earlier if the workshop is full.
If you have any questions about the program or registration, please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Mindful Project is generously supported by a grant from The Ministry of Colleges and Universities.