4-Day Mindfulness in Education: What Really Matters 16–401–01
This four-day experiential workshop for educators and professional support staff teaches participants how to implement mindfulness programs for students to promote health and wellness. This intensive will include practices in mindfulness, emotional regulation, compassion and movement to provide a foundation for self-care and to impart mindfulness to students.
Participants Will Learn
• Foundational mindfulness practices for personal and professional use
• Considerations for a successful implementation plan
• Core social and emotional learning (SEL) competencies supported by mindfulness practice
• Key elements and lessons for mindfulness programs in education
• Cultivating a Mindful Culture in Schools
Who Should Attend
Education professionals including teachers, guidance counsellors, and professional support staff. The program is also suitable for healthcare professionals who work with children and teens. Previous experience with mindfulness is not required.
Four-Day Course: Tuesday – Friday
July 5-8, 2016 | 10:00am – 4:00pm
As a registered charity, we do not charge HST. When you support us, you support our charitable initiatives. If you’d like to learn more, please see our Community Program.