Facilitating Mindfulness-Based Programs with an Anti-Oppression Lens 23–323–01
This workshop will provide mindfulness and compassion-based reflections, discussions, and guidance for mindfulness-based program facilitators to explore the fostering, development, and co-creation of mindfulness programs with a culturally sensitive, inclusive, anti-oppressive lens. Participants will have an opportunity to explore cultural sensitivity, respectful approaches for various identities and intersectionalities, and accessibility for offerings with diverse and underserved or underrepresented communities in the context of mindfulness-based teaching and learning.
Participants will be guided in awareness building, experiential, and reflective approaches to develop greater understanding of social, cultural, economic, and identity-based experiences of various groups through mindfulness and compassion-based exercises, discussions, and individual reflection. They will also explore how to support trauma-informed and anti-oppressive practices. Ideas and resources will be shared to encourage greater positive social justice impacts in mindfulness programs and how to be better allies.
In this workshop participants will:
- Have an opportunity to explore their cultural awareness and implicit bias with mindfulness and compassion
- Better appreciate the realities of those facing oppression
- Explore best practices for fostering greater inclusion and safer / braver spaces
- Cultivate mindfulness and compassion-based approaches to teaching and learning with an anti-oppression lens
- Explore what it means to be an ally and develop their own commitments to being better allies with attitudes based on mindfulness and compassion
Session 1: July 18, 2022 | 3pm – 6pm ET
Session 2: July 19, 2022 | 3pm – 6pm ET
Please note this will be a highly interactive web-based program. Your full attention and participation will be required.
For technical requirements, click here.
Registration closes July 18, 2022 at 9am ET
Payment, Cancellation, Refund & Exchange Policies