Advanced Teacher Training Intensive in Downtown Toronto 20–307–01
Deepen your facilitation and mindful inquiry skills. This teacher training intensive is the final module of our Advanced Certification.
This 4-day Advanced Teacher Training Intensive (ATTI) is for MBSR, MBCT and other MBP teachers interested in supporting and strengthening their teaching skills. It satisfies the certification requirements for the certificate program at the Centre for Mindfulness Studies but is also for those mindfulness-based teachers who have taught at least two MBSR/MBCT programs or other mindfulness-based program. All participants will have attended silent teacher-led meditation retreats and have a personal practice.
Participants practise teaching and inquiry, receiving extensive feedback, making this training highly experiential. In addition, the language in guidance and inquiry is emphasized. The enhancement of the teacher’s self-reflective capacity is stressed to ensure they stay close to the core of these mindfulness-based programs – working with their own reactivity and attachment to outcome when this arises in their teaching. Exercises that address a range of emotions and reactions related to their personal and professional teaching experience and to the MBSR/MBCT experience are provided. We will also address professional and personal ethics as they relate to mindfulness based programs.
This course will be led by Susan L. Woods and Dr. Patricia Rockman. Susan Woods is a senior Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction/Mindfulness-Based Cognitive Therapy (MBSR/MBCT) advisor and supervisor, and one of the world’s leading experts and trainers in mindful inquiry. Dr. Patricia Rockman is the Director of Education and Clinical Studies here at The Centre, and has been educating healthcare providers in stress reduction, CBT and mindfulness-based practices for over 20 years. They are both authors of the book: “Mindfulness-Based Cognitive Therapy: Embodied Presence and Inquiry in Practice” along with Dr. Evan Collins.
Participants Will Learn
- To enhance facilitation skills and delivery of inquiry and the mindfulness meditation practices through teach-backs, coaching and feedback
- To learn guidance and inquiry as an embodied practice informed by the attitudinal foundations
- To understand the reasons for maintaining fidelity to MBCT/MBSR protocols related to patient/client outcomes and research
- To develop adult education skills for individual and group process and experiential learning
- To be able to apply Buddhist concepts to MBSR and MBCT delivery and inquiry (e.g. the 4 noble truths, the 4 foundations, 3 characteristics)
Who Should Attend
Mindfulness-Based Program (MBP) facilitators who meet the following prerequisites:
○ Advanced degree
○ Have taught at least 2 MBSR/MBCT programs or other mindfulness-based program
○ Personal mindfulness practice
○ Have attended silent teacher-led meditation retreat(s) of at least 5 days
180 Sudbury Street
Toronto, ON M6J 0A8
4-day training: Sunday – Wednesday
November 3-6, 2019 | 8:30am – 4:30pm
Early-Bird: $1,595 (until September 3rd)
Payment, Cancellation, Refund & Exchange Policies
As a registered charity, we do not charge HST. When you support us, you support our charitable initiatives. If you’d like to learn more, please see our Community Program.